I found an article years ago … somewhere … about a guy who tried to read one book a week for a year. I thought it was a great idea and motivation to read more and reduce screen time. So I modified it to one book every two weeks. And I just finished my 4th year accomplishing this! My Kindle is always my luxury item on my hikes (light and never needing charging between towns) … In 2020 I managed to read 29 books, a new record!
So here are the books I read in 2020:
It’s always difficult to determine the favourites but I will try. Here are some charts:
Top 3 books of 2020:
* Killing Commendatore – I love Murakami’s writing and will be devouring more!
* Where the Crawdads Sing – Great story!
* The Coffee Trader – Totally not my usual genre but a great read!
* Angels in the Wilderness
* Free Outside
3 books that didn’t live up to the hype:
* Becoming – Interesting but I expected more …
* The Adventurer’s Son – Just a very factual account of a missing person’s search
* A Woman Makes a Plan – Somewhat boring …
6 thoughts on “More hiking – more reading!”
Super! I’ll try and follow your example!
Many good books out there!
Hi Biggi: thanks for this — interesting, and I appreciate the short reviews below! Hope you’re getting to do some x-country skiing — sounds like a lot of snow up there. Meanwhile, Vancouver is Regen, Regen, Regen — trails are muddy, but well travelled! Happy New Year. Melody
I hope you get past the rain and find some snow soon! Let me know when you’re back in the Okanagan!
Great list and great goal! We have read many of the same books. I appreciate the list and will start work my way through the ones I have not read. Thanks Biggi❤️
Let’s continue to share recommendations!